The countdown has started.
Carson is finishing up her junior year of high school and is making decisions about where she’ll attend college.
It doesn’t seem possible. This little girl has become a young woman overnight. Hollianne and I are trying to enjoy every day with her before she leaves for college in a year.
I’ve realized how much I’ll miss having her in our home on a daily basis.
To celebrate this milestone, I’ve started collecting a list of the little things that I’ll miss about Carson. Included on my list are:
- watching her compete on the soccer field
- enjoying her homemade chocolate chip cookies, often made late at night
- watching her build the perfect s’more in our backyard fire pit
- experiencing college football and basketball with her. Her commentary is always insightful and hilarious.
- seeing her enjoy her Bible studies with her friends
- hiking new trails with her
- attending music concerts with her
Jesus has his favorite things that He loves about each of us.
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12: 6-7
He knows the number of hairs on our head. He knows our struggles and our strengths.
And he loves us anyway. He loves us in the most personal, intimate way possible.
My prayer this week is to focus on the aspects of my life that make Jesus happy…and to have the strength to confront those things that aren’t constructive. Please let me know how I may pray for you.