How do we establish trust?
A recent article from the Harvard Business Review article reports on a study that presents three critical elements leaders need to build trust within their organizations: positive relationships, good judgement and consistency.
Over 87,000 participants contributed to this research…and I agree that all three elements are essential to becoming a leader worth following.
The Bible says a great deal about these three qualities.
In terms of positive relationships, we are given numerous ways to build and edify others.
- Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
The Bible gives us many ways to nurture and develop good judgement.
- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. James 1:5
- Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future. Proverbs 19:20
Consistency is encouraged.
- Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. I Corinthians 15:58
- Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil. Matthew 5:37
God’s word is the ultimate leadership guidebook.
My prayer this week is to be more consistent in my daily study in the Word- and to commit these words to heart as I try to build more trust with all my relationships.
And please let me know how I may pray for you.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5